(MediaQuire) Atlanta, GA / Studio Carlton, a group of producers and developers of custom Alexa Skills recently teamed with Abbie Gellman, MS RD CDN, Chef, Registered Dietitian, and founder of Culinary Nutrition Cuisine LLC to develop: Abbie’s Culinary Nutrition.
Abbie’s Culinary Nutrition Alexa Skill is designed to enhance the lives of parents and foodies to boost their culinary ‘nutrition’ skills by making healthy cooking a delicious and fun experience. With over one-million homes with Echo devices, Amazon Alexa has innovated the way people interact in the kitchen with the “hands-free, voice-activated” digital platform. Highlights include:
- Daily “How To” Tip of the Day: Chef Abbie Gellman presents dozens of audio recorded tips for of commonly asked questions such as: “How to dice an onion”, “How to make the perfect filet mignon,” and much more!
- Participants can get answers from Alexa on a variety of food related questions.
- Dozens of tested and trusted step-by-step recipes include simple family recipes such as, Crispy Chicken Thighs and more gourmet recipes like Salmon Cakes with Lemon Creama. Recipes include corresponding ingredients and directions presented via text and images for Echo Show devices as well as audio recorded directions.
- Alexa will send users recipe web-links via text message to conveniently save the recipe.
Sample Alexa commands with the new Abbie’s Culinary Nutrition Alexa Skill include:
- “What is Mise en Place?
- What is the difference between added and natural sugar?
- What is sautéing?
- How to defrost meat and poultry?
- How do I fix a dish that’s too spicy?
- How long does olive oil last?
- What are prebiotics and probiotics?
Abbie’s Culinary Nutrition Alexa Skill also includes Alexa Presentation Language to present engaging visuals, text, touch-screen scrolling and soon, video recipes on Amazon Echo Show and FireTV.
Sample commands for to find recipes:
- “Tell me a buttermilk chicken recipe”
- “Find me a cauliflower recipe”
- “Is there a recipe for beef stir fry?”
- “Find me a salmon recipe”
According to recent research, forty-six percent of U.S. adults report using a digital voice assistants to check the weather to ordering pizza to finding a unique food recipe. RBC market reports by 2020, there’ll be 120 million Amazon Echoes in use.
Abbie’s Culinary Nutrition Alexa Skill is broadly available across Amazon Echo Devices, Echo Show, and Fire TV. You can enable Abbie’s Culinary Nutrition for free on Amazon.com or users can say, “Alexa, open Abbie’s Culinary Nutrition” from their Amazon Echo Devices, FireTV or the Alexa app.